Monday, September 26, 2011

Mid-life Crisis in September


I don’t know if it’s only me… but don’t you feel that September has been really dragging?  The month has only thirty days, but it covers five weeks in the calendar, so I am pretty over it already. Sus, it may be this darn mid-life crisis…sigh!


Today, I found out that I had only four classes, all in the morning. My students in the afternoon were absent. During my break, I doodled some pictures and had a lightbulb moment. Why don’t I try my hand in sketching? Why not, coconut? So I sneaked out and went to National Bookstore, bought 3 charcoal pencils, a set of colored pencils, and a small sketch pad. On the way back to school, I ran some errands like sending money to Carlo in Iloilo via LBC (Text message from the Youngest: “Wala na ako extra na kwarta…”---Note: HA? When did he learn the word ‘kwarta’?), and complained to Globe (for the nth time) about my internet connection (that’s another post in itself).


When I reached my classroom, I started drawing at once. So after an hour, (er, I actually finalized the shading at home), here is what I came up with:

Crude, I know. But hey, I had only an hour to work on it!


When I sent this to my sister Ben, her initial reaction was, "Uy, trulili?..Talentadong pinoy?..Pero kahawig ng mommy ni Jaya. Donchatink?" Take note that she will be my first muse (other than myself, of course) Hmm, we are wondering who she would look like?Hahaha!

I also sent this to my artist Daughter, and she replied back: "Para anu 'yan?" Dedma!!! Hehe.

Whatever. I think I have another calling. Or another thing to do to make me forget it’s still September.

No comments:

Post a Comment