Sunday, June 5, 2011

Letting Go of My Babies


Braided pigtail moments,
Issa at 6
I cried silently today. Not only because I'm stuck in a room for I don't know how many more days, but more so because I'm letting go of the Daughter.

Issa and the Hubby just left for Cebu today. The Daughter is going to college at UP Cebu and will be majoring in Fine Arts Product Design. Like any other mother, I am a bit jittery of the prospect of letting her go. Ever since we moved to Bacolod, the Mom-Daughter relationship has gotten stronger. Sure, we had spats and fights in the way (no teenager’s mom can escape that!), but they have only made us understand and respect each other better. Now we talk about anything until we fall asleep. We finish each other’s sentences. We laugh at the same stupid jokes, and we both cry on cue while watching mushy movies (four words: The Time Traveller’s Wife). Those tender moments will be put on hold, now that she will be living far from me.



Can I hold you a little longer, babe?





For the moment, I will be staying in Bacolod with the Second Son, the Daughter will be staying in Cebu with her Dad in a 2-room condo, and the Youngest will continue boarding in PhilSci Iloilo. The family relationship will only be held up by our cellular phones. This year, life will be confusing for us, not to mention expensive, because of the living expenses in three different places and the expected exorbitant phone bill we will be getting from Globe.


Last year, it was Luis Carlo I cried over. Now, it's Issa Maria. The inevitable thing for an aging mother  is happening.



Sigh, is it sem break yet?












P.S. Day 5 in Shingles Prison...I would miss the Daughter more than ever because she was the only one who had the guts to 'visit' me in my cell. Never mind if I was wearing a mask and my right arm was wrapped in a bandage. A perfect daughter, you are to me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment