Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our Manang Trina

Before Issa claimed that I am one of her BFFs, she hated me to high heavens. We always fought. She ignored me. In my desperate hope to discover what was going on in her head, I secretly took a peek in her diary (I know, I know, that was bad!) I was surprised what she wrote one day: “I hate my Mom!” I tried so hard to win her over. But for the longest time, she stayed adamant.

So how did that all change? It was because of her cousin Manang Trina.

For how could the Daughter not emulate her? Inspite of being an only child, she is not bratty--Trina is a loving daughter. She was a diligent student in school. She is a very optimistic girl. She finds happiness in everything she sees and has. At her age, she still loves watching cartoons. But most of all, she treats my kids like her own sister and brothers.

Whenever we took trips in the past, we often took Trina with us.

Las Pinas, 1999

Vacation always means  having fun with their Manang Trin.
Davao, 2003
Plantation Bay, Cebu 2005

 She was always bubbly, always cheering up her cousins if they were bored on the trip.

She was never impatient with them.
Hinigaran, 2006

Their age gap is quite big, but she never acts bossy or snotty or superior to them.
Hongkong Disneyland, 2008

 It also helps that she’s a pretty Manang too.
Boracay, 2008

So how could they not love her? She is the perfect cousin the Kiddos could ever dream of.
Christmas 2009

Now that she is a full-fledged working nurse, I must say that she has come a long way from the missing-toothed six-year old flower girl in our wedding...


to the promising, beautiful young lady that she is now.
From Trina's FB

Happy birthday, Trini! Stay sweet and loving and pretty. Know that your second Mom and Dad and crazy siblings are just here around to always love you. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment