Sunday, May 29, 2011

Me Want a Cambridge Satchel Too!

The new buzz of the bag world is the Cambridge Satchel from London. Design-wise, it is actually non-descript, because it’s just supposed to be a plain messenger/school bag. But with Vogue, Marie Claire and other fashion mags and blogs declaring love for its retro-look and vintage-feel, fashionistas are scrambling for one (or two or more!). It also helps that the colors are so yummy!


It’s the Hubby who told me about it and asked me if I wanted one. I declined (hey, I do that too sometimes, you know!), because I felt that my Lacoste bag was still doing me a good service. Anyway, when I passed the idea to my daughter, who is going to college and needs a school bag, she excitedly FB’d:

Who can resist such a message? So the mother in me ordered a red 15” Satchel from Chocolate Schubar (http://schushop.multiply.com). After one day, we were able to seal the deal. Since I knew I’d be in Cebu this weekend, I had it sent to their store in Schu Ayala the next day. No hassles. What service!




 
So here she is, carrying her prize for passing the UP Fine Arts talent exam and interview. Seeing her strapping it across her body, the little green monster girl in me drooled and wanted to snatch it and run away from her. I shouldn’t have asked her if she liked one, in the first place. It should’ve been mine, mine, MINE!
Hrmphhh! Me and my big mouth;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment