Saturday, October 1, 2011

Art Attack

So like i said, I'm now dabbling into sketching. It's like a certain spirit was pumping me into drawing--maybe boredom or mid-life crisis--whatever it is, I'm having an 'art' attack.


I know my sketches are not perfect and all, but knowing that I can produce something artful without even having attended any formal art classes (except maybe in my elementary MAPE classes, which of course, don't count) makes me feel happy.


Anyway, allow me to share with you the sketches I have finished. I also put the original picture side by side to let you know that yes, they are pure crude and amateur drawings, and yes, I am just a humble newbie who is still in the process of learning. (Take note that I also had headaches after drawing two sketches in one day--nasobrahan sa gamit ng unused brain cells!! Ha ha)




Another self-portrait. No, it's not pure vanity. It's just that if I unknowingly distort my sketches, at least I'm the only one to complain.






My first 'muse' Ben proudly posted her picture on FB and made it her profile picture. Maybe because she thought she looked like Carmi Martin here? She also appointed herself to be my 'agent', with a cut most probably bigger than the price she would declare to me. He he he. (Note by my self-appointed agent: Hanggang September lang ang pro bono. After that, may bayad na ang bawat ulo!)






But Issa and the Hubby's reactions were different. More on teasing me. 
Issa: "I don't look like it, Mom!" (Agree, you look like Mulan here, Daughter!). 
Hubby: "What's up with you, Mom? Anong nakain mo? At tsaka, hindi pantay ang eyes nya!" (Agree, they are a tad higher).


Well, the Hubby (and so is the Daughter) is always like that. He pretends he doesn't appreciate anything that I do, and then he surprises me by buying something to support my craziness. So here is what they bought for me at Fully Booked last night:


Yey! At 40-something, it might not be too late to learn anything, noh?

No comments:

Post a Comment