Friday, September 30, 2011

Wazzup, Wazzup, Mariliz Borbon-Tumonong


I first met Bing at
I first met Bing 3rd yr HS. We were classmates in Emerald, it was my 1st time to be included in the star section (hehehe) . Most of them had been classmates since elementary but they didn’t make me feel OP (out of place). I thought they were the serious “genius-weirdos” type of classmates who would always study … nahhh, they also know how to have fun and play around. Bing may be blessed with a nice smile, but the eyebrows can really reach the roof =) She was one of those petite ones that you wouldn’t notice not until she talks and laughs, that will get your attention =)  
 
I remember Bing
I got to know Bing better when I knew that she’s now my “friendly neighbor”, met sa Marya reunion and again when we planned the Bacolod escapade of Maryan friends. She did the entertaining, I took charge of the itinerary and we did great ;-)
Ala-Flor de Luna


I’m now based in
Bacolod City, have been since I graduated from DLSU in 1987. Married to a Civil Engineer who’s working in Malaysia and have 4 lovely kids ages 18, 16, 15 and 6.








I’m busy with...
motherhood, PTA duties (I’m the President) at Colegio San Agustin-Bacolod-Basic Education Dept and SICS ’80, my grade school batch where I’m also the President. I’m also collating all my documents (I’m a second courser nurse) for submission and hopefully I would be able to take the NCLEX exam if not within the year then 1st quarter 2012.





I can cook
             chicken cordon bleu, chicken sate and a lot more BUT haven’t really tried baking (my daughter does this for us). I’m still savoring the bliss of “being served” for a change hehehe but would soon have bonding moments with her in the kitchen.

My closet is full of
              clothes, some of which don’t fit me anymore tsk!tsk!tsk! but I’m still keeping my favorite ones because I intend to fit in them again SOOON ;-)



My most fave me-place is...
our terrace, it has been since we moved here 25 years ago. I do my reading here (mas maliwanag), I studied here during my Nursing days (para hindi antukin) and I sometimes eat my snacks here (mahangin with plants and birds chirping along hehehe).


My obsession is
hhhhmmmm I can’t think of anything specific kasi I’m a very simple person (read as mababaw ang kaligayahan) however I am quite keen to do a European tour someday.


Life is     
like a rosary full of mysteries (hahaha slumbook answer). In my 43 years, I had my joyful moments which had remained etched in my mind and I try to open whenever I’m depressed. A lot of sorrowful ones I had surpassed and taught me courage and independence. The glorious days brought me humility and thanksgiving for all the blessings the good Lord has continually showered me. And I am looking forward with luminous, for whatever the future may bring =)


I don't mind having more… 
Yikes, definitely not kids coz I have 4 already hahahaha. I’ll go with I don’t mind having more tasks to do. That will keep my mind working and hopefully get rid of some unwanted fats.



Now, Mariliz is…
I’m still the same Ma’iz that my friends had known me since Marya days. Dependable, responsible, simple & caring but had matured through years of experience. I had harnessed my PLOC skills (planning, leading, organizing, controlling) thru my 10 yrs experience with Penshoppe (as District Sales Manager) and my nurturing skills as a Registered Nurse. I am more apt to take on responsibilities rather than watch on the sidelines. Now more than ever I treasure moments spent with friends and batchmates whom I had reconnected after several decades.


Dear Bing…
Dearest friendly neighbor, Thanks so much for considering me to be a part of your blog, I'm so touched (tuod gid na pramis). Had fun planning the Bacolod Escapade with you and looking forward that we'll be able to find time to meet up one of these days. Continue to be as sweet as you are, keep on smiling and stay beautiful inside and out. Luvyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment