Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Passion for Fashion

Zara animal print blouse
Jill maong skirt
Celine strappy wedges
So I’m aware that I’m not mucho dinero. But like most creatures from Venus, I want to be appreciated for my looks. Borrowing a line from Chuvaness (which is by the way my Blogger Goddess), which she also borrowed from Wallis Simpson, the then Duchess of Windsor said, "I'm nothing to look at, so the only thing I can do is dress better than anyone else."  This is so true for me.  I’m ‘Ate Guy’ tall. I’m not tisay. I don’t have striking features like a straight nose, or high cheek bones. My skin is rough and acne-prone. My hair is wavy and stringy, if not for the magic of rebonding. The worst thing is, I'm nearing that dreaded golden year mark (gasp!). So the only thing left for me to do is to make the most of whatever I was born with, and try to improve it with makeup, clothes, and ‘salamat siyensya’ paraphernalia. Hence, the passion for clothes.
So pardon me when I post my outfits for the day. The clothes I wear are nothing special or high branded. Some are even pre-loved (a euphemism for ukay-ukay—hahaha!!). It’s my way of saying, hey, I accept the way I look, so I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment