Friday, February 18, 2011

English in My Mind


I have been an English as a Second Language Teacher for almost four years now. Before becoming an ESL teacher here in Bacolod, I was employed for seven years with Ginebra San Miguel, based in Davao. Then, the hubby was transferred to Bacolod. Here, I put up 2 small businesses. One was a waffle food cart in a private school here in Bacolod, and the other one was a small bakery. Yup, I tested the cold waters of entrepreneurship. And I hate to admit that I was drowned in the process. Nothing seemed to work in my favour--the building owner, the employees, the location. I became cranky and depressed. I was exhausted every night not only because of the long hours I spent at the stores, but also because I had to think of where to get the money to buy the bakery ingredients the next day. I became so stressed out to the point that I sometimes deliberately ignored my family come night time. I prayed hard, sabi ko, Lord, ganito ba and dumaan para yumaman? If this was the way for me, then I want out. Please show me the way out. 



MNG sleeveless
Topshop skirt
Parisian cross wedges
Maybe it was an answer to my prayers, but the hubby chanced upon an ad on the cable looking for English tutors to Koreans. He has also noticed that I was not happy dabbling with so-called single proprietorship.By leap of faith, I found teaching English, and I saw the silver lining again. So after two years of struggling with the businesses, I packed up the food cart and the bakery, and decided to stick to what would make me happier, albeit not richer. Yes, I lost money. Yes, people may say, naku ang malas naman niya sa bisnes. But the funny thing is, I’m now satisfied and happy and I can sleep soundly at night. I have less worries = less wrinkles. And the best thing of all? I can FB, and YM, and blog to my heart’s content. 


So there you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment