Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Secret Dream House

'Tis the season of wish lists and gifts.


Now, we don’t own a house. The Hubby has been transferred every five or so years from city to city that our dream house has taken a backseat in our plans (although we have a lot property in one of the subdivisions here in Bacolod). Of all the material things that I have been wishing for from my Fairy Godmother, having a humble castle I could call my own is always on top of my wish list.

The bestseller ‘The Secret’ by Rhonda Byrne encourages everyone to visualize what you want to have in your life.  ‘1. Ask…..2. Believe…..3. Receive.’ The book says the clearer the images are in your mind, the easier it will be attracted to you. So I’m going to ask and believe more fervently this time by creating visual pictures in my head and putting it here. It will be so vivid that I feel that I’m actually under its roof. Yes, I believe in it so much that this is how my Dream House is going to look like:



1.       The Façade: Modernist. Squarish. No balcony, please. Unless the house would sit at the top of a mountain, a balcony would be a waste for me. I’m not hoping for a Romeo and Juliet Drama, so scratch that overhang.



2.      The living room must have a high ceiling—high enough to put a cool light fixture.



3.      Open Kitchen and Dining. The Fam should enjoy cooking and eating together. The colors should be vivid, like saffron orange, or sunny yellow.



4.      The master’s bedroom should have a zen feel to it. And please, please provide for a walk-in wardrobe leading to the bathroom.
Walk-in closet ala-Barbie..why not?


5.      The Master's bathroom should be themed in black and white.



6. One room for the Daughter and a shared room for the Boys.

7.      A Family/Study/Guest room. Somewhere the Fam could all hang out together.


I WILL HAVE my Dream House in Cebu this 2012. Fairy Godmother...Genie...PCSO...can you all hear me?

No comments:

Post a Comment