Sunday, October 23, 2011

7 Things I Do to Avoid Bad Hair Days

Sometimes it feels like I'm not only having a bad hair day—it's more of like a dead hair day.

I know hair is technically dead cells, right? But there are days when the physical abuse that I do with my hair catches up on me. I ought to be going to the salon more often to have a hot oil or hair treatment, but time constraints (yeah yeah, and money too!), keep me from going to my suking hairdresser at a more regular interval. Wish ko lang nga every week, e!


Good thing that we have miracle products in bottle forms. Let met tell you the seven things I regularly subject my hair to.


1. I wash my hair at night time. You know, so I can save time drying it in the morning. What I do is shampoo it, then let conditioner or an intense treatment mask stay on my hair for an hour. I wrap my head with a shower cap, and while away the time by surfing the net, or if I'm in the mood, by doing zumba. Then I wash it.


Of all the grocery shampoo and conditioner I have tried (and believe me, I’ve tried them all!), I swear by these products to revive my straw-like hair:




I find Pantene products just blah. But these combo passed my standards. 
Though they're a little pricey than your normal Pantene variant. 



The best shampoo/conditioner combo in the market for me. 
True to the brand's promise, they make my hair a tad softer. 
My hair also smells heavenly even after a day of no shampoo. 





Like I said before, this hair treatment is the best in its price range. 
It won't hurt your pocket since it's only P99 a jar. Don't be tempted to buy Pantene intense hair treatment. They feel like your average conditioner. 



Extra tip: Don't be deceived by L'oreal Products' nice packaging. They are not as effective as Anne Curtis says they are.


Note: I usually do my shampooing every other day only, not everyday. Experts recommend not washing your hair daily, since the natural oil will be stripped. True enough, my hair looks shinier on the no-shampoo day. However, if I feel that my hair is a little bit frizzy on that day, I just do the age-old trick of tying it in a ponytail or braiding it. 

2. From the shower, I dry my hair with the use of our ancient electric fan, while I'm in front of the computer playing Words With Friends or checking my email. Again, multi-tasking is the key.


3. Before my hair becomes completely dry, I take one capsule of these Ellips Hair Vitamins and apply it, especially at the ends. I'm sometimes tempted to use two capsules when the hair feels extra dry, but I stop myself, kasi I don't want to make my hair too oily naman.






4. When it's totally dry,  and at times when I am still not contented with how it feels, I put a glob of this night creme. I find Pantene's Night Treatment does the trick. Then I sleep on it.


5. The next day, I wrap my hair with a shower cap when I take a shower, kasi sayang naman ang pinagpaguran ko the previous night if it just gets wet, di ba? Then, after I have made up my face, and dressed up, I use the straightening iron to fix my bangs and the ends of my hair. But before that, I spray the ends with Dove Heat Protectant. Kahit na rebonded and hair na ito, I still flat iron it to create an illusion of no-frizz. If my mood calls for it, I sometimes curl my hair with the iron. 






6. Then I spray my bangs with a spritz or two of this spray net. 




7. Okay, last na talaga. I mist my hair with this corrective treatment. It gives it the extra shine it needs para hindi magmukhang patay na buhok, which is what it really is.














That's it. Now do you understand why I sometimes feel so frustrated when my 'crowning glory' doesn't cooperate after all these 'orasyon'? Sa dinami-daming produktong ito, minsan, hindi pa rin achieve ang ganap. 






I give up. I'm running to the hairdresser right now!







No comments:

Post a Comment