Saturday, July 23, 2011

Working out with KOR

Tony Sparks had one on his desk. The Beckhams carry them around. Oprah endorses them.

They’re called KOR bottles.

I chanced upon these water bottles from Gwyneth’s Goop blog (close kami e!). She highlighted the importance of using re-usable water bottles which will help the environment lessen its waste problems. And it makes sense that one searches for a safe water bottle to re-use every day. And don’t forget stylish too. One of those that fit to these requirements is the KOR bottles.

Mommy KOR and Baby KOR
So I searched where I could purchase locally. I stumbled on purpletag.com which distributes these bottles online. They have various kinds of bottles offered, depending on the design, the price ranges from P600 to P1,700. As kuripot as I am, I ordered the less pricier ones. (Yeah, yeah, these are not the ones the Hollywood stars carry around—but I’m on the same league!) I ordered from the site (one for me and one for the Daughter), paid through BDO, and after three days, I received my package. The bottles really look very ordinary at first glance. But upon closer inspection, I was impressed with the simplicity and functionality of its design. Its sleek and tapered diameter is just the right size for gripping. It also has what it calls Perfect Spout, wherein you don’t drink from the tread, because it has a mouthpiece shaped for your lips. What more, it’s BPA-free. (Bisphenol A is a man-made estrogen-like chemical used to make hard plastic bottles, and is now known to be an endrocrine disruptor).



Swak sa lips!
After a month-long hiatus from exercise due to my shingles bout, I’ve started with my workout regimen again. The KOR bottle makes me more motivated to move since it’s very pretty to hold and look at (and pink at that!). Its clear as crystal body makes you feel confident that you are drinking clean and safe water. And true, the spout is really a perfect fit for my lips. You know how you feel good going on your first day of school because all your stuffs are new and shiny and pretty? That’s how I feel too about my KOR bottle. Go figure.

I’m not a holier-than-thou preacher of going green to the high heavens, but it’s good to start from here. After all, Ironman can’t be wrong, can he?




Maybe if I became a Supehero, I would get my hands on the KOR Delta next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment