Saturday, March 17, 2012

60K

Yey, I was able to raise P60,000 in two days.


But not for my pocket, of course. The University of the Philippines Concert Chorus is putting up a souvenir program for its Pamamaalam Concert in March, and, as the Chorus is celebrating its 50th year too, the past touring batches were asked to sponsor an ad for it.


And Batch 1990 rose to the challenge. At first, we were just aiming for one page. There were only two days before the deadline, and I didn't know if the members could be easily contacted at a short period of time. But when the pledges came pouring in, it was clear that we could hit our aim--and more! After numerous emails and private messages with the members, we were able to collect pledges enough for a two-page spread. Our '90 Tour Coordinator, Zoe Arroyo-Nell, woke her hubby up at 3 a.m. (U.S. time) to work on the layout. At 11:05 p.m., 55 minutes before the deadline, we were able to officially claim the 2-page ad, and submit the layout. Whew!


I was just overwhelmed with the generous support of the batch. Now I realize how much my friends in Chorus love and cherish the moments we had together on the tour. Thanks, you guys! I'm proud to be one of you.


60K? What, like it's hard?



No comments:

Post a Comment