Monday, June 13, 2011

Mark Z at ang mga Larawang Kupas

Thank God for making Mark Zuckerberg a nerd. Else, the world wouldn’t have had Facebook. Else, I would  have gone crazy in shingles isolation. Sure, we already had YM, Google, Skype, and that-other-social-network-thingy before, but FB has significantly made the world a little bit smaller.
When the Daughter graduated last March, I thought there would be a lot of crying and drama and ‘I’m gonna miss you’ flying all around. There was none. After all, they knew they were all but just a text or a PM away. Circa ’84, tears flooded in my high school graduation because we had no idea whether we would still see each other or not (no cell phones, landlines are for a limited few, no internet). True enough, most of my friends had become just a tinge in my memory. Until twenty-five years later. Until there was Facebook.
MNG Blouse
Maldita Skirt
Parisian Wedges
So friendships are renewed. Old jokes are revived. New friends are discovered. Sure, some of us have grown…um…(older? balder? heavier?)..more matured, but the same youthful twinkle in our eyes are still there. Same old friends with just a few poundage and grey hair and wrinkles added here and there. But my old friends just the same.


There’s even a big bonus. We have eliminated dusty photo albums. With just a click, our lives are exposed for all the world to see. Most of us are secret stalkers and peeping toms or frustrated models anyway, so FB has transformed these hidden desires in us into legit reality.


If only I could lay some flowers at the feet of Mark Z.





Pardon the extra cheesiness. When one of my old friends found me on FB again, she came up with a theme song, Larawang Kupas. LOL corny to the max! Don't worry, she's now officially banned from my FB due to her extreme kabaduyan!

No comments:

Post a Comment