Sunday, February 13, 2011

Promenading Sicilians

My baby Paolo,
with his pretty partner,
Andrea Marie Frias.

My second child, Paolo, just had his Junior's Prom last February 12. When I asked him how he felt the night before, he said he was kind of nervous. On the day itself, we went to my favorite salon to have his haircut and a hair spa. You see, he has this bad case of seborrhea (go figure, kahiya naman to my baby for broadcasting his secret in layman's term!), so I was afraid that during the prom night, it might 'snow' on his suit. Of course, the mother of the prom'er also had her hot oil and hair treatment--pagkakataon ko na rin ito para mabawasan ang split ends!!!


We checked into the hotel after lunch. In a haste, he prepared for his prom glory because he still had to pick up his date (using a hired van) at 3:00 p.m. I put Skin Food BB cream on his face in the hope that it will even out his skin tone and control the oil on his face until the evening. Hindi naman pumalag, mabuti na lang.

Me, another excited Mom Lucille Grey,
my sister-in-law Vanessa. We couldn't help
ourselves have our pic taken at their photo wall!

Suit and necktie--check! Gift for the girl--check! Two days ago, I bought Faceshop's lip gloss collection as a thank you gift for the girl. He also told me to buy Kisses chocolates for her. His Dad said to buy Ferrero Rocher instead, para mas special, at nasa heart-shaped container pa. When we told him what we bought, he said he'd prefer to give Kisses. Why? I asked. "For sentimental reasons," he answered. Huh? So, being a good mom that I am, I bought a pack of Kisses, just as he ordered. When we were to go to the hotel, I saw that he prepared to bring the Faceshop bag, the Kisses packet, and..the Ferrero..Wait..wait, I said. Didn't you say that you won't give her those? Oh, these are for her Mom, he said. Ha? Bakit, mamanhikan ka na ba?
Anyway, back to the story...when he came out of the van with his partner, my heart skipped a bit. My baby son is now a man!!



As they say, time flies fast...A year ago, it was my baby Issa who had her Junior's Prom. But that's another story. I just have to put her picture here for posterity's sake.
My baby Issa, with her
Korean parner, John Kim

P.S. Happy birthday, My!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment