Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dreams and Lotto


Have you ever dreamt of poops? I have...or should I say, I always do. I don’t really know what to make of these dreams. I have other recurring dreams, which I dare not share here (hehehe!), but poopies is pretty much a favourite of my subconscious grey matter. Please don’t be grossed out because in Filipino superstitions, a dream of poopies means money, or luck.


The last time I dreamt of this again, I decided to buy a lotto ticket. I wish I could tell you that I won the first prize and lived happily ever after. But as luck would frown upon me, I didn’t get even one number right! So I want to know what this dream really means, or is there really some sense to our dreams.


MNG dress
Parisian espadrille sandals




According to Sigmund Freud, “the world of dreams allows a person to exercise subconscious desires which have been suppressed during waking life.” So if I dream of crap, does it mean I desire crap in my life? Or maybe there is a lot of garbage in my life which I’d like to throw. One online dream interpreter says that dreaming of poops represents things that one doesn’t need, and wants to be discarded. It can also represent a healthy cleansing of the mind. What then would I want to eliminate, change, or forget in my present life? Hmm…this version makes it more confusing. Why can’t they just stick to old folklore interpretations saying: poop dream = lots of moolah.
Whatever it may mean, if I dreamt about those filthy things again, I would try to concentrate and make out to see if the poopies formed six numbers. And then I could live happily ever after.


No comments:

Post a Comment