Sunday, September 18, 2011

Come again?

Speaking of the family name Cacnio, I never knew I would be marrying to a very difficult family name. Whenever someone asks my name, I automatically spell out the hubby's surname. 


"Cacnio, C-A-C-N-I-O. Charlie-Alpha-Charlie-Nancy-India-Oscar."


Despite this, more often than not, my listener would still either misspell or mispronounce it. Ah, yes Ms. Capnio. Or Cancio. Or Catnio. And the list goes on. And the funniest I have seen on a receipt was Catnew. Ha ha.


Anyway, after 17 years of getting wrongly named receipts, I have learned to accept my fate. But sometimes, when I don't feel like doing my spelling bee acrobatics, I just tell them to put Benilda Alvarez instead. Lo and behold, when I glance at the paper, I see BeLiNda Alvarez. 


Wrong pa rin. Hay, kainezzz!!!!






P.S. Adding to this list is a comment from a true-blooded Cacnio himself, artist Ferdinand, who posted on my FB wall:


I grew up spelling my surname. Let me add Cacino and the best/worst - Cocknew....
Friends make fun of our surname by conjugating... cacko, cacmo, cacnia, cacnio, cacnatin. I knew somebody who doesn't want to say our surname. Bastus daw. :)


And my response to him:


Btw...let me just say that your family made us proud to be Cacnio's;-) Your achievements made me forget how difficult to spell our surname is!!!


Yep, I'm proud to be part of this fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment