Friday, June 17, 2011

Not in My Shopping List

As you may have known by now, there are things which make my heart palpitate when I’m in a big mall: clothes (especially dresses), shoes (especially wedges), cosmetics (especially lipstick), and hair products (especially conditioner). If you have ever seen the face of anyone falling in love for the first time, that’s how I always feel when I set foot at the Mall of Asia. What more if there’s a big SALE sign on Mango’s display window? Panic!

But there are also a few things which don’t make my heart skip. In other words, I can pass by these babies at the display window without much of a second glance. These are:
Fun trinkets are more of my thing
(1)   Jewelry – I know that investing in gold and stones are way better than ‘investment dressing’ because of their re-saleability, (at pwede pang dalhin kay Tambunting or Lhuillier!). The problem is, it seems like I can’t hold on to my jewellery for a long time—I often lose them. There was one time that the Hubby bought a white gold loop earrings for me as my birthday gift. The first time that I wore it, after having lunch with him, I found only just one earring hooked to my ear—wala na ang isa. Kainez! So I do double take on buying them. Diamonds are not my best friend, I realized.

Maldita Dress
Jill Sweater
Feud Shoes
Lacoste Bag

(2)  Bags – I’m the kind of person who uses a bag until it’s worn out. I’m too lazy transferring my things to another bag every day. I don’t mind if my carry-over doesn’t match my shoes or clothes. For me, a bag is where I can conveniently carry my things around. Period. It’s not an accessory. I change my bag only if the Hubby buys me one. Mas expert siya on bag shopping, e.



This bag? I've been using this for five months na--straight!



Sharing a scent with the Daughter
Buy 1 take 1 pa!



(3)  Perfume – Of course I want to smell heavenly. But buying a bottle of expensive perfume to only last for a month or two, I think, is a waste of money. I’d rather spritz myself with powder-smelling cologne (which is way cheaper!), than swathe myself with heavy scents.



But let it be known that I don’t say no to jewelry, bags, and perfume as gifts, of course not! I said I am not into buying them. Never said I hate them, did I? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment