Friday, June 10, 2011

The Green Eyed Monster

Happy days
Recently, all of tinseltown was abuzzed with Arnold S (how difficult can spelling be?!) and Maria Shriver’s shocking end of their 25-year old marriage. Or in Hollywood and politics, was it really that shocking?.  Apparently, the aging Terminator-turned-California governor admitted to philandering and having a love child, with their own nanny, to boot. Ouchie! Never mind if Maria is not only a Kennedy, but a gazillion times way more gorgeous and elegant than the said housekeeper. Well, we have heard a lot of celebrities who fell in the same trap, right? Tiger, Kobe, Brad...and the list goes on. No matter how beautiful and perfect their partners are, they seem to turn a roving eye to someone else. If these gorgeous women don’t stand a chance in holding on to their man, what luck do we ordinary mortals have?

Lord, spare him from the
Hollywood syndrome?
UK Hollywood shirt
Maldita leggings
Celine Wedges 

But I don’t get any of this to my head. Although the Hubby and I are living far away from each other, I’m not in any way worried. Jealousy is not my cup of tea. I found out from many relationships that it can only strangle a person’s sense of freedom and that it would only poison your mind. Sorry, but I’m not the kind of wife who checks the wallet, or cell phone, or collars for evidences of infidelity. For really, I would be insulted if the Hubby left obvious traces like those. Lipstick and perfume on the clothes? Pffft!!!

So trust is the only thing that’s keeping us sane, not to mention the almost ten-minute-interval calls I get from him at night (I kid you not!). With an open communication like this, there’s no room for me to turn into a green eyed monster. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have recruited the Daughter as my spy;-)






P.S. Day 10 in Shingles Prison...I caught myself talking alone. Uh-oh..not a good sign!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment