Friday, June 24, 2011

BFF

Nowadays we hear people openly claiming to be BFFs with one another. Don’t tell me no one has asserted this tag on you? With Facebook having over 700 million avid users (and rapidly multiplying!), suddenly, you are on a BFF status with a thousand and one people, swearing their true friendship to you. And just by using a mouse.

But I think BFF is a sacred word, and should not be given carelessly away. Old friends and BFFs are not necessarily one and the same. Yes, old friends may have stood the test of time, but true friends don’t need time to be considered as such. For me, BFFs may have appeared in my life since I learned my ABCs, or they may have appeared only a year ago. What matters most is that my heart knows.
MNG Over-all
Promod Spaghetti
Feud Maryjanes

Discovered among the many ‘situational’ friends that I have met are my real BFFs. So how do I sieve the grain from the chaff? First, they grow with me, and I grow with them. Whether it’s changing my job, or my kids growing, they have stuck with me through thick and thin. Second, they respect my private time, and I respect theirs. They don’t demand that we always go together, because they know we have our own lives to make, and not necessarily breathing on one another’s necks. They don’t demand anything from me. And I also don’t impose myself on them. And lastly, I can still connect emotionally to them no matter how much time and distance gap there might be between us. I know they are my BFFs if after two years, or twenty years, and the phone rings, or I accidentally meet them in the mall, I can talk to them like we have just been talking yesterday. No apprehensions. No façade. No fear of being misjudged. Such is the magic of BFFs for me.

My BFFs are life's gifts to me. I'm confident they know who they are.








Love this song forever and ever...



No comments:

Post a Comment