Monday, May 2, 2011

Singapore Vacay Day 5: Goodbye, Fine City!

Day 5: Going Home

Goodbye is such sweet sorrow.
Whoever said that (okay, Shakespeare said ‘Parting’) was probably a lover of travelling. As we prepared to go back home, I looked back at the things I will remember forever.

Goodbye Strand Hotel. Your accommodation was well worth it. Your room was spacious. Your breakfast helpings were generous. I hope next time your door man would smile more?


Goodbye Kopitiam Food Court. You nourished us with  your Hainanese chicken rice and siomai. You’re open 24 hours, so there was an assurance that we wouldn’t be hungry during our stay. Now if I could duplicate that chicken rice in my kitchen.


Goodbye well-mannered people of Singapore. You were all so lovely hosts to visitors like us. We noticed that you appropriately say ‘Thank you’, ‘Excuse me’, and ‘I’m sorry’. I have never experienced a people so disciplined and laid back and gracious at the same time.



Goodbye Singapore streets. I never imagined I would actually enjoy blocks and blocks of walking. Your roads are pedestrian-friendly and meticulously clean. Your motorists actually follow the traffic rules. Your trains and buses are right on the dot. Your streetscape is full of interesting sights to see.

Goodbye Changi Airport. Your cleanliness and efficiency is admirable. We could only wish our very own airports lived up to your standards. And thanks for not asking for an airport fee. Oh, I almost forgot. Shopping there was awesome!

Nice couches to lounge on...


...free Internet for the technophiles... 


..and definitely a shopaholic mecca. Waiting for a flight has never been more fun!


Yes, Cuz Premz. The Daughter snatched a pair of sky blue floral Doc Martens...




...and the Boys got this Nintendo 3DS (later in Ayala Cebu).        
More alibi not to talk to their poor mother!


Although we missed the Merlion, the Flyer, Marina Bay Sands, and the nature parks (and a date with former GSMI colleague Haide Guitarte--sorry, my Friend!), this trip helped us discover the world more and bonded my family tighter. It doesn't get any better than that.
Paalam, Singapore!


No comments:

Post a Comment