Friday, February 18, 2011

My New Zealand Fantasy

One of my high school best friends, Cecilie Dimal-Ramos, FB’d me to say that she has already landed in New Zealand. I’ve known that she was leaving for NZ, but to actually hear that she’s already there with her family gave me mixed emotions. Of course I’m happy that she has gotten her wish to immigrate, but I’m sad that another good friend is physically unreachable. And yes, I’m also a little (okay, big time) jealous that she is already in the land where sheep outnumber people 10 to 1, while I’m still here in the City of Smiles.
You see, I have applied for New Zealand immigration two times already. In both cases, we were denied because of requirement problems. Application to NZ is straightforward and easy, just submit all your documents and payment via internet, wait for at least 6 months, and the response will be mailed out to you. Unfortunately, it was not for us.
I believe in the saying, kung di ukol, di bubukol. I have noticed that life’s puzzle pieces fall on my lap without a hitch if it were really meant for me. Else, kahit ano pang dasal ko, hindi talaga nangyayari. So whenever I pray, I always say, Lord, Your will be done. O baka naman po pwedeng tumama na lang ako sa lotto?;-)
Good luck and God bless, Tett, my friend. Till we meet in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment